Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lovely Chinese New Year Poem


Kung Hei Fat Choy! I have a Chinese-Filipino friend based in Hong Kong who sent me a Chinese New Year greeting via email. I was touched with the gesture because I get to know him and his family only through the internet. He is a regular reader and contributor in one website I managed. At the age of 60 plus, he and his wife are both amazingly strong and alert (both physically and mentally). His wife can cook excellent dishes and he can still come up with interesting articles. Not to mention he is well-updated with the latest technology as he seems to use email ad internet often. They are based in Hong Kong but visits their families in Australia and Boston

Well, they are someone I looked up to as they seem to be leading a happy and fulfilling life. I feel like he is one person I can trust and I am grateful with the wisdom he imparts on me through the articles he submits and through our exchange of emails. Friendship can really develop via internet hehe  Well here’s the poem I want to share with you!
Year of the Fat Rat

In this year of the robust Rat
May your "choy" be always "fat!"

In Our Father's house, we store our Wealth
His kind blessings, we ask for our Health

For our family, we ask for Peace
Love and Joy, our Lord we plead

Kung hei, kung hei from
Mary and Dick Liong

Note:Fat (growing or sprouting - fa in pinyin) Choy (wealth – cai or sprotuig of fantastic wealth!)

No comments: