Friday, February 1, 2008

February Fever


How time flies. The first month of year 2008 has come and gone in a flash. Anyway it was a well-spent month. I spent lots of time with B and I guess did pretty well in my job. I was happy most of the time J

Anyway, to celebrate the first day of February, I decided to start an online journal. February is a special month for me because it is my birthday month and one of the gifts that I would like t give myself is a blog.

I think it is a fruitful endeavor. For one, it will improve and exercise my writing skills. Also it is a great way to record memorable moments.

Anyway here are a few trivia about the month of hearts that I gathered on the net:
· Febuary begins on the same day of the week as March and November in a common year, and on the same day of the week as August in a leap year.
· Sweden had a February 30 in 1712.
· February in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to August in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
· Febuary's birthstone is amethyst.
· Febuary's birth flower is the violet or primrose.
· The Chinese floral emblem of Febuary is the peach blossom.

No comments: