Friday, May 9, 2008

Goodbye Summer of 2008



It happens every year. I cringe when the summer season start because I dread the long hot, sticky days. I guess I am one of those people who seem to be afraid of the sun…well who wouldn’t be with the threat of global warming, wrinkles and skin cancer. The moment I realized that the long nights, short days, and temperate weather of the Christmas season is about to be over, I sighed and said…time to stock up on my summer defense...sunscreen, umbrella, shades, and a vow to avoid the sun as much as possible.

But still, summer wouldn’t pass without me spending almost an entire day outdoors. The summer season is not that short enough to accommodate all that out of town trips, swimming gimiks, and the like. At the end of the day, I enjoyed being exposed to the sun so much to realize that after all, a little sun wouldn’t hurt so bad.

Anyway, it’s ironic because as much as I dread the start of summer, I find myself so sad when the first rain of May comes. Somehow, it represents the passing of the season.

Anyway, summer is still not technically over so I guess I will just make the most of it…

No comments: